Blog about nails, manicures, nail polishes, stamping, etc., but also about other things that make my life rich

January 27, 2012

Day 27. Inspired by Artwork

I'm not much of an art person.
So when I faced this challenge I didn't have a clue what to do.


I tried to think of famous works of art that affected me in a way.
I instantly thought of Dali's twisted watches, Degas' ballerinas, Munch's Scream or Van Gogh's sunflowers. But none of those brouht any feelings for me, just distant recognition.


And then I remembered...
When I was on a school trip to Spain (sooo long ago, sigh!) we visited Joan Miro's museum. And there she was.

Painting on a White Background for the Cell of a Recluse. 

Now, I just want to say I'm usually quite fond of modern art, altough I don't quite enjoy it, I never mock it. But this painting brought out the worst in me. I stood there, laughing like hell, staring at a single black line on a big white piece of paper (canvas?) they call 'art'.

So in my memory of that fine day I was almost thrown out of the museum I present you:
Based on a work of art mani...




 

Bye
Stickers

5 comments:

  1. ...except Painting on White Background is an amazing experience when seen in person. Don't knock it until you understand it.

    ReplyDelete