Blog about nails, manicures, nail polishes, stamping, etc., but also about other things that make my life rich

September 18, 2011

Mint green comparison

Yes, I know, I said I'll post it tomorrow, and that was almost a week ago!
But I took an unplanned trip to the seaside. I passed my Math 3 exam on tuesday and just packed a bag and asked my friend to come with me!
And it was perfect! Altough it's 5 days untill the beginning of the autumn, the sea was warm and the air was hot.
That's why I haven't been posting my comparison.

Now here it is. Polishes used:
OPI Gargantuan Green Grape - thumb, 3 painful coats
Essence A Hint of Mint - point finger, 2 coats
Yolizul 189 - middle finger, 2 coats
Maybelline Minty - ring finger, 3 coats
Orly Gumdrop - 2 coats, but it could have been 1




I can't say any of them are even close to dupes.
I like Essence A Hint of Mint and Orly best because of the smooth application and the color. Minty and Gumdrop have more blue undertones than the rest of the mints.
I don't have much to say about this comparison, I believe that the colors are pretty accurate and you can see it for yourself from the photos.

I would just like to say that if you're even thinking of buying this OPI, don't!!!
It was my first OPI. I wanted to see what's the fuss about that brand, and then I got this. Streaky, runny polish with lousy application. And I didn't buy another OPI for a long time...

Since I'm mint green lover, can you recommend some other mint greens that I must have?
Can you tell me which minty polishes you own and what do you think of them (color, application...).
Thanks

Bye
Stickers

8 comments:

  1. Ombre :)
    Meni ovo super izgleda sve i da nije usporedba. Baš su se super uklopili.

    Joj ja nemam pojma šta imam od mint zelenih lakova, znam da je jedan od njih Essence Replay, ali sad su tu cijelu liniju izbacili pa ništa od toga. A nije ni da se nešto posebno lijepo maže.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUper ti je usporedba, a i ko sto veli Lalica moze se furat i bez da je :) Orly mi je najljepsi, od ovih ostalih mi se tesko odlucit za favorita...

    Nisam sigurna jel imam koji mintasti, a ako oni u to spadaju onda imam P2 who cares, Catrice Am i blue or green, Catrice Sold out forever, Essence You belong to me...MIslim da je to to..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hvala cure!

    Catrice Am I blue or green i Essence You belong to me su mi slični, a Essence sam stavila pod usporedbu svjetloplavih...
    Više su mi plavi nego minty, ali dobar prijedlog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. bravo za položenu matku 3!
    od mint lakova imam uglavnom essence iz blossoms kolekcije i xxxl i ghina glaze for audrey, možda bi se našlo još nešto da prekopam malo dublje....

    ReplyDelete
  6. ja imam OPIjev Hey Get in Lime, isto malo tezi za mazanje, plavlji od GGG-a ali ga obozavam! I jos onaj Maybelline Colorama Green Park koji je jako slican OPIju, i njega obozavam!
    ovi tvoji su stvarno svaki za sebe ali lepo izgledaju zajedno

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ja imam Elfoov mint i Green park od Maybelline. Ovi tvoji su svi lijepi, sviđa mi se i Orly i Maybelline.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meni su svi krasni, nisam još uspjela uloviti neku takvu boju pa mislim da će mi to biti sljedeća investicija :)
    svrati i na moj blog!
    http://breathofcolor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete